1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personal information you disclose to us
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when registering at the App(s), expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, when participating in activities on the App(s) or otherwise contacting us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the App(s), the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following:
Name and Contact Data. We collect your first and last name, date of birth, nationality, identification card number, passport number, email address, postal address, phone number, and any other information which can be used to identify you, which has been provided to IITH through the services and any information about you which has been collected, stored, used and processed by IITH.
Credentials. We collect passwords, password hints, and similar security information used for authentication and account access.
Payment Data. We collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number), and the security code associated with your payment instrument. All payment data is stored by our payment processor directly to respond to your questions.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Information collected through our App(s)
If you use our App(s), we may also collect the following information:
• Geo-Location Information. We may request access or permission to and track location-based information from your mobile device, either continuously or while you are using our mobile application, to provide location-based services. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings.
Information collected from other sources
We may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing, partners, as well as from other third parties. Examples of the information we receive from other sources include: social media profile information; marketing leads and search results and links, including paid listings (such as sponsored links).
2. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We use personal information collected via our App(s) for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests, in order to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations. We indicate the specific processing ground we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
• To send you marketing and promotional communications. We and/or our third-party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time (see the “WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS” below).
• To send administrative information to you. We may use your personal information to send you a product, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to out terms, conditions, and policies.
• Deliver targeted advertising to you. We may use your information to develop and display content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness.
• Request Feedback. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our App(s).
• To protect our Sites. We may use our information as part of our efforts to keep our App(s) safe and secure (for example, for fraud and monitoring and prevention).
• To enforce our terms, conditions and policies.
• To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
• For other Business Purposes. We may use your information for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our App(s), products, services, marketing and your experience.
3. WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
We may process or share data based on the following legal basis:
• Consent. We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information in a specific purpose.
• Legitimate Interests. We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
• Performance of a Contract. Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfil the terms of our contract.
• Legal Obligations. We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
• Vital Interests. We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
• Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
• Third-Party Advertisers. We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the App(s). These companies may use information about your visits to our Website(s) and other websites that are contained in web cookies and other tracking technologies in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
4. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
5. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
We have implemented appropriate technical and organisational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our App(s) is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
6. DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the App, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the App. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
7. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can:
• Log into your account settings and update your user account.
Opting out of email marketing: You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list – however we will still need to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account. To otherwise opt-out, you may:
• Access your account settings and update preferences.
• Note your preferences when you register an account with the site.
If you do not wish your personal information to be collected via cookies on the website, you can deactivate cookies by adjusting your Internet browser settings to disable, block or deactivate cookies, by deleting your browsing history and clearing the cache from internet browser. You can also check your mobile phone or hard drive for cookie files and delete them from your mobile phone or computer.
We do not control functioning of cookies from third parties. The respective third parties are responsible for such cookies and for their own information processing.
Insurans Islam TAIB Holdings Sdn Bhd Head Office, Bangunan Suria, Unit 5, 6 & 7, Kiulap Bandar Seri Begawan BE1518, Negara Brunei Darussalam Phone: +673 222 3004
Date of last revision: 29 Rabiulawal 1444H / 25 October 2022M